Saturday, June 28, 2008

Street Musican Debut

While playing my guitar in my office this morning a thought occurred to me. "Go to the Peach Festival and play on the street." I did and had a blast! I sweated, Jesus was bragged about, and I met some really nice people who liked music just as much as me. Take a look.




Jathan and Ashlyn Frick singing "Holy Is the Lord".


Jathan and Ashlyn, Chris, Owen, and Janice Frick.


Alanna and Ashley from Cook Baptist Church helped me sing "Days of Elijah".



Annabelle and another talented young lady whose name I can't remember danced while I played "I Know Who I Am". (If someone that knows her name reads the blog, post a comment with her name so I can edit it in.) By the way, they had really loud taps on their shoes, so they were actually "clogging".
Leah danced in her pretty little skirt to "Beautiful One".

Thanks to everyone in Ruston who walked by the corner of Mississippi and Trenton and had a listen. Thanks to those who sang and danced. Thanks to those of you that tipped. Thanks to the guy that gave me $40 and said "Made To Worship" really touched him. Thanks to the folks who offered me part of their "Bloomin' Onion." Thanks to those who smiled. Thanks to the two ladies who doubled back and gave me a 5 dollar bill because you "Just couldn't pass that man praising God without giving him something." In case you're wondering, I was paid $101.79 to enjoy myself thoroughly.


God Bless,

Jathan Maricelli









1 comment:

Edensmamma said...

I think you guys are amazing, and I pray God keeps leading you to do really cool things like this . . . especially outreach opportunities that double as fundraisers ; )